At work we are in the process of converting our developer workstations over to using Fedora 22. I’ve had a few rather strange errors
- SELinux is preventing sshd from read access on the file authorized_keys.
- webcam not working
- sound not working
One of the interesting features of our workstations is that we have the the home area under /data/work/<user> rather than /home/<user>. To make a long story short, I found an idea at http://www.geekheads.net/selinux-and-ssh/
Which lead me to
- edit /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs
- copied the /home rules to new /data/work rules
- ran restorecon -p -R /data/work
- restarted, so that processes get the new contexts
The result being that webcam, sound, and ssh are now working.